Probably, you have already heard that we all have more power than we realize, but to make that clear is necessary to understand solid examples. Have you ever thought the reason you need to practice repeatedly to learn swimming, foreign languages, riding bicycles, driving cars, playing on musical instruments, giving public speeches or singing on the stage? Once you learn those skills, you will be able to do that automatically without thinking consciously or being nervous.
What is the Subconscious mind?
The “subconscious” is the part of your mind, which functions beneath your consciousness. It contains information, memories, habits, languages, beliefs and skills that a person not aware of, but it can be brought to consciousness directly. All the skills, habits, information you learn in your life, including your memories have been stored in your subconscious mind similar to a database. The unconscious is more powerful than your conscious mind, it is almost 90% of your total mind, and it runs your life.
The first step to change habits or unwanted results, which show up in your life, is to use that great power in your advantage by reprogramming it. The methods to reprogram your mind are Affirmations, Visualizations, Hypnosis, Subliminal Messages, Taking Action. Before you start the process of reprogramming it, you need to learn how it works.
The programming process
Once I was in the process of learning a foreign language and I was speaking to a native friend for a few hours. That made me so tired that I couldn’t concentrate any more. The reason is that in the beginning the conscious mind is busy with processing and understanding the conversation. Once the language becomes part of the subconscious mind then you will understand and speak it automatically without any efforts.
If you can’t speak any foreign languages, you may compare the previous example with driving cars. Do you remember that in the beginning you were fully concentrating on all the technical details of the driving? Once your subconscious mind takes the job over, you can drive automatically without feeling tired. Once you learn a new skill, your conscious mind becomes free and can listen to people and tell stories while you are driving.
How the subconscious mind works?
- The subconscious mind is irrational and believes anything without needing evidences or logical explanation unlike the conscious mind. If someone offers you a new car for $5, your conscious rational mind will never believe it, but the unconscious mind can believe anything. Companies and leaders have centuries misused the above principle to control the crowd. One of the unwanted programming methods is using subliminal messages. Read! Reprogram Your Subconscious Mind Using Subliminal Messages.
- The subconscious mind does not make the difference between reality and imagination. When you imagine jumping from a high building, your heart will start to beat faster as if it is real. Your unconscious mind raises your heartbeat despite knowing consciously that it is only an imagination
- The subconscious mind doesn’t understand the future or the past, but understands only the present time or “NOW”. Avoid saying, “I will be happy” or “I was happy” by reprogramming it, but say,” I am happy” or “I have the partner of my dreams”.
- One of the powerful methods to reprogram it is repetition and that is how your subconscious mind learns.
- The subconscious mind accepts ideas when they are associated with feelings and beliefs. You cannot program it successfully by saying repeatedly “I am prosperous” without associating your feelings and emotions with it.
- The subconscious mind understands what you focus on. If you say for example “I am not overweight”, you program it to put on weight, because that is what you focus on. You need to say “I am fit, healthy and in a good condition.” Avoid using negative sentences, because that would not result in what you want.
- The subconscious mind works with infinite terms and doesn’t understand numbers. If you try to attract money, you need to say, “I have a lot of money, but not I have one million dollars.”
- It controls also body functions like breathing, heartbeats and digesting even when you are sleeping.
- The subconscious mind never sleeps and works 24 hours a day. Have you ever heard people complaining that they are not self-confident or fear stops them to go forward in their lives?
- Its job is to help you survive not to be happy or successful.
The question is how long it takes for someone who already can swim to go back to the start point when he could not do that. Maybe, you would ask yourself why someone would try to forget swimming. The answer is that some stored information and habits would harm you rather than serving you. Unfortunately, you are not the only one who has the key and the access to your own subconscious mind, but others who know these principles could use them to reprogram even yours for their own purposes!
Politics, advertising and the subconscious mind
Many dictators, political parties and companies have used these principles in the past until now for their profits. During the Second World War, the Nazi party propaganda told people repeatedly “The fuehrer is always right.” We all know that no one can constantly be right, but the point was using repetition to let people believe the message. That was one of their methods to control the crowd!
Have you ever wondered how companies can benefit from showing their logos repeatedly in football stadiums, T-shirts of famous tennis players or other places? They don’t even provide any information about their products or services, because repetition is the secret to reach the subconscious mind of their potential customers. Showing their logos repeatedly, guarantee convincing people that they offer high-quality products or services especially associating the logo with successful people. The first time you see these logos on products in the shops you would expect that these brands must be very expensive, and of course they are because they pay so much for those high-priced advertisements.
Those methods of advertising will continue as long as guarantee high profits for companies! I don’t mean or judge that advertising, marketing and branding are bad but spending so much in that makes their products too expensive for the consumers and that is not based on the quality.
Access to your subconscious mind
The access to the subconscious mind is public that is why programming it was not always your own conscious choice. Programming the unconscious mind starts from the childhood by parents, cultures, schools, religious leaders, political leaders, media, society, people whom you trust, companies and the environment where you live. There is no guarantee that everything you learn from your childhood serves you, but some of that could be irrational and the obstacle in your way to achieve the life of your dreams.
Of course, parents want the best for their children, but they have been mostly pre programmed by their cultures. Parents who have been programmed to believe in a specific religion don’t search evidences, but they pass the same religion to their children. That is why people who have religious parents have more chance to become religious comparing to others. Read! Religions - What You Are Not Being Told! Sometimes removing information from your mind would be the best way to achieve a certain goal, but unfortunately, it is not always that simple. The previous examples show that it is not easy to forget languages, swimming or riding bicycles once you learn that.
The time duration you need to remove or reprogram the subconscious mind depends on how long that information exists there and how often you practice it.
- A person who is born in a religious environment and has practiced religious rituals from his childhood until he becomes an adult can’t stop practicing that even if he looses his faith in that religion consciously. However, that would be much easier for someone who has practiced that for a short period.
- Forgetting a foreign language, which you learn later in your life, is much easier than forgetting your mother language.
- A person who practices driving cars for a year can forget it easier than a professional driver.
Habits and the subconscious mind
Some habits could be the reason behind many of the problems we face in our lives. They might be among the greatest obstacles to achieve your desirable life without being aware of that. That is why it is important to learn how to remove and reprogram the habits, which work against you. Many people might have the habit to hate rich people without realizing that hating rich people results in serving them! You can’t turn wealthy people into poor by hating them, but you send repeatedly that idea to your own mind with beliefs and feelings.
That is exactly how you program your subconscious mind and that is also how affirmations and visualizations work. By feeling and having that opinion repeatedly, you would decide for yourself to work hard for the people you hate! Read! How To Visualize For Wealth? Most of the time you struggle to achieve a goal, if you only want that consciously. Once you program your unconscious mind for success, you will replace many of your current habits, which are blocking your path and prevent you to move towards your goal.
Cultural beliefs and the subconscious mind
The subconscious mind is the answer that various cultures have different beliefs and opinions about a certain thing. Many western cultures have dogs as pets, some Eastern cultures are using them as food resource and eat them while some cultures in the Middle East think that they are dirty. If you ask different people from the mentioned cultures the question, “which one of these opinions is the right one?” They would choose for their own culture’s opinion.
That example shows that the subconscious mind is dominant, irrational and more powerful than our conscious rational mind. People might feel secure if they have protection, but they may not realize the importance of filtering many ideas, which are irrational and dominate their power to serve others rather than themselves!LoaSite offers simple and practical knowledge designed to serve everyone. Comments are recently allowed on this website! Tell me about your experience and share your opinion in the comments below!
New articles coming soon! Click on the link to register! Free Subscription.
Author: Sar Maroof
(Bachelor Science and Applied Science in Physics as well as several certificates in different branches)
About Sar Maroof
YouTube Twitter Facebook Google +
Receive New Articles!
Subscribe to an RSS Feeds!
Mail This Page To A Friend!
Bookmark This Page!